Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Post-grad woes

The front page of today's Education Times made me a happy girl. The front page article spoke of how it is a good idea to take a gap year between studies to sort of gain perspective, do stuff that you always wanted to do etc.

I have taken a year off studies, just to prepare for my admissions. This helped me write a kick-ass statement of purpose and creative essays, chase professors and employers for the perfect recommendations, make sure that my resume included EVERYTHING about me and made me look like a well-rounded person, and concentrate on my TOEFL and GRE.

And I think it worked well. I ended up scoring a 116/200 in my TOEFL and a 670(verbal)+710(quant) in my GRE. And although my essays may or may not be the greatest pieces, I love them as they reflect all that I am.

So I guess then that this decision to take year off was not so bad an idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment