Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Of new beginnings..



I just dropped my sister off at the airport. She, well, has been an expat (short for expatriate, for the uninitiated) for far longer than me.

Well, I am not exactly an expat..not yet, that is.

But, I digress. Coming back to where I began. I dropped her off at the airport..and..much to my delight and the surprise of others, did not shed a tear. I generally do. Don't get me wrong..I'm not one bit your sensitive, caring creature. I am, in fact, as cold as one can get.

But, airports? They bring out this side of me that always tends to surprise. I see all those people, and get all familial and loving, weirdly so. Gosh, wouldn't you when you see these people filled with the hope of new beginnings coupled with anxiety and apprehension getting into the sliding doors, and those filled with dread of having been left behind to live a life without that special one, on the other side, trying to catch a glimpse of their loved one as the highly secured doors slide back into their place.

Whoa, see I said 'airport' and I'm all mushy.

But to tell you the truth. I am scared. I will be next..going in through those sliding doors trying hard to hide my scared, (probably) tear smeared face from my parents.. making sure that the glimpse they catch of me brings only hope and joy to them.

Okay, I need to stop. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment